Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy – Husson University 2010
- Specialization in reproductive and pelvic health, including pelvic pain, incontinence, and back/pelvic pain associated with pregnancy
- Myofascial release, with a special interest in abdominal myofascial release for scar tissue to reduce low back and pelvic pain
- Oncology rehabilitation: 5 year STAR certified
- Orthopedics, with over 8 years experience treating orthopedic injuries in a diverse patient population
Melissa brings over 10 years of physical therapy experience to Pinetree Family Chiropractic, specializing in pelvic and reproductive health. Her work has included pre- and postnatal care, back pain with pregnancy, pelvic pain, and incontinence. She has a special interest in abdominal scar tissue release and the role that it can play in treating pelvic pain. She also has training and experience in orthopedics, oncology rehabilitation, and myofascial release.
Melissa’s approach is to assess and treat the body as a whole while creating effective and empowering individualized treatment plans. She believes that the most meaningful therapy goals can be achieved when the patient and therapist work together as a team, and this includes actively listening to the feelings and concerns of her patients. She often describes herself as an educator, as she feels that the more her patients understand their own bodies and the rationale behind their exercises and treatment, the more effective their therapy will be.
Melissa is a Maine native. She can often be found with her husband and two children enjoying a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, kayaking, gardening, skiing, traveling, and more.